Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Favorite Presentations

One of my favorite presentations was the one on the three famous and fascinating caves. I had no idea any of them existed, or that such things could exist in the first place. The best one was the Cave of Crystals in Mexico.I had no idea that the selenite crystals could trap gasses and could dissolve in air so quickly. I also did not know that such a pretty cave like the Blue Hole was so close to where we live, since it's still in Texas.

The weather rarities presentation was also fascinating. I had never experienced any of the phenomena talked about in the slides, but now I really hope that one day I do. Out of all of those, the optic events were the most interesting, because it is amazing how random things can produce such beautiful effects. However, all of the things talked about were amazing, even the dangerous ones like the derechos.

The Stone Forest was interesting as well. It is amazing to see what simple erosion can do in the right circumstances, unlike all the damage it can also do. It was also interesting to see how people in the Chinese culture that lived around the stone forest created a myth and a festival around it. I wish the presentation had gone more into that however. I hope one day I will be able to visit it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment